Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Thursday, September 30, 2010

SMASH-UP DERBY

IT'S RALLY TIME!! Someone gave me permission to off-road in a rally car ... uh oh. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I have the best job in the world!






Dirt Fish Rally School, the only one on the west coast, is now open in Snoqualmie! They have 315 acres of mud, gravel, trees, hills, jumps, and so much more for you to come out and off-road on. So much fun.

They have state-of-the-art instructors, highest of the high-end Subaru cars, and free range to have as much fun as possible. My new friend Forest was my instructor for the morning. We planned to do a "coming up after the break" tease on wet pavement, fish-tailing and sliding around. It was scary but I knew that I was in good hands. The good news: we didn't hit my photographer Jim as we slid to a stop right in front of him & the camera ... just in time for me to deliver my line. Whew ... live TV.


Then the fun started. They let me get behind the wheel. It had been raining all morning ... the humidity and rain were great for my hair (insert sarcasm)... I looked like a hedgehog. The track was muddy with puddles all over the place ... and trying to shoot live with me driving, my cameraman Jim strapped in to the passenger seat, camera hanging out the open window (our cameras are way too big to be in those little cars), and mud flying in the window, made it super fun. Every guy's dream ... and mine :-)

CLICK HERE TO WATCH US DRIVE


Forest trying to teach me to drive



Before I went out in the rain ... pre-hedgehog



The awesome crew down at Dirt Fish Rally School


The hedgehog


If you want to head down and check this place out here's how:
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment