Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Renaissance Faire

So I've never been to a Renaissance Faire (yes it's with an "E"), but there's a first for everything! I've got to admit that I was a tad afraid of what I would find there, but what I found were the funniest and most creative people that I've met in a long time.

In my first segment I learned how to levitate a table with Magician Matthew ZanZee. I seriously have no idea how we did it, but we really did. It was very cool.
With magician Matthew ZanZee


Dressed as a peasant



The 2nd segment was with the most amazing equestrians. They could do backflips off of the horses, make the horses bow, lie down, and march. IT WAS AMAZING! These horses were the smartest I've ever seen. My little guy's name was Guido - and noooooo not from the Jersey Shore, this one wasn't obnoxious.


Dressed as a gypsy




With my main man Guido

The funny thing about a Renaissance Faire is that they are ALL in character. I met Mary Queen of Scots and was so nervous...lol. I didn't know if I should curtsey, bow, or say what's up :-) The funniest thing about my costume was the "BUM-ROLL" - yes you ladies heard me right. THEY WORE BUM ROLLS TO MAKE THEIR BOTTOMS BIGGER!! Who would do that? Every woman I know is doing everything in her power to make it smaller and these girls were trying to enhance it. I would have fit in better in Renaissance times ... hee hee :-)




With the Queen and her man-servant (I need one of those!) Check out my backside!




So during our final segment I was dressed as a pirate - arrrghhh!

I was with the amazing Trey Cromwell, a professional showoff, who showed me how to juggle. First we learned with fire sticks and then moved on to knives. Are you kidding me? I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give me giant knives and let me throw them, but someone gave the o-k and I took full advantage (when else will I ever have permission to throw sharp objects?)

CLICK HERE TO WATCH ME JUGGLE KNIVES!


Before the infamous knive incident :-)


It was a great time and thousands of people came out to take part in the Faire! Make sure you get tickets for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment