Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Friday, July 30, 2010

Torchlight Parade

It's that time of year again! Seafair is underway and we're a little over 24 hours away from the start of the 61st annual Torchlight Parade...whoop whoop! Now I don't know about you, but I've never built a float, been crowned Miss Seafair, or organized a parade (although I've been in some before), but this morning I got a behind-the-scenes look at how all of that works!

CLICK HERE to watch Miss Seafair 2010, Jacqueline Saarenas, and I singing "Over the Rainbow" - I'm REALLY sorry if your ears bleed, I'm not the best singer in the world.... AND watch HERE to see if I crash the float that I'M DRIVING. Yes, that's right, I'm actually driving a float! Don't know who gave the 'ok' for me to get behind the wheel, but I did get to take that bad boy for a spin :-)

Things I learned:
1. I CANNOT sing
2. I CANNOT use powertools well
3. It takes an entire army of people to make a parade of this size happen (a huge shout out to Robert Blanich and his crew of volunteers)
4. I CAN drive a float - didn't hit anything or drive off the pier!!

Be sure to make this parade a part of your weekend plans! Here's the info:

Torchlight Parade
Saturday, July 31st
7:30pm
4th Avenue, Seattle
check www.king5.com for details

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment